After I posted that item yesterday asking whether Gunpowder Temple was “one of the best bands in Orlando,” the response that it got was what I expected, but not quite what I had hoped for. I mean, of courseGunpowder Temple isn’t “one of the best bands in Orlando.” They’re just a bunch of kids who are trying to play music and trying to make it work – just like every other local band everywhere. Even though the whole “modern rock” style they’ve chosen to pursue is uninspired (and uninspiring), the fact remains that they’ve made the decision to navigate the treacherous waters of club promoters, media, and whatever weird thing “the music business” is today in the hopes that they’ll get a chance to rock out in front of a crowd of appreciative fans. Which means that, unlike about the 90% of the world that exists as passive consumers, the kids in Gunpowder Temple have decided to be active creators. And that’s a good thing.
- RT @Bandcamp: On Friday, we will donate 100% of our share of the proceeds from sales to @TransLawCenter #TransRightsAreHumanRights https://… 2 weeks ago
- RT @renewabelle: I don't know what else to say about this Craigslist post besides "WHOA." 😮 pensacola.craigslist.org/roo/d/house-ne… 3 weeks ago
- RT @craigtimes: #Florida men who dragged shark on video ID'd as relatives of top county officials. bradenton.com/news/local/art… 3 weeks ago
- RT @originalspin: Murkowski and Collins are the heroes today. McCain is the guy who signed on at the end of the project, presented it and g… 3 weeks ago
- RT @theQuietus: "When I sing it shuts up that self-critical voice, the other voice is louder" - The Cocteau Twins' Liz Fraser https://t.co/… 3 weeks ago
- RT @Louez: $19 million to other sides Attorney's plus over $200 million to attorneys working for the state Would be 10 new middle high scho… 3 weeks ago