Every week at Orlando Music News, the site highlights a local band. A good local band. This week: long-running roots-rockers Gasoline Heart.
Gasoline Heart plays Back Booth on Saturday, Oct. 22.
Band members’ names & instruments:
- Louis DeFabrizio – Guitar,Vocals
- Dave Petersen – Drums
- Adam Garbinski – Guitar
- Kirk Henderson/Casey McBride/Bryan Nelson – Bass, Keys, Photo booths, Homeland Security
Any band members currently/formerly in other projects?
Adam & Dave’s Bloodline, Marah, Squad Five O, The Ataris, The Kick, Tenderfoot, Dear Ephesus
Currently available releases:
- You Know Who You Are
- What Now
- The Kick 1999-2005
- Nostalgia Aint What It Used To Be
Website: Gasolineheart.com Upcoming Shows:
Oct 21, 2011 – St. Michael’s Pub – Tallahassee, FL
Oct 22, 2011 – The Backbooth – Orlando, FL
Oct 23, 2011 – New World Brewery – Ybor City, FL
Describe your sound:
Big jangled guitars, loud sweet simple songs, no gimmicks, truth seekers
1) What has been your most memorable show so far?
Played a Christian Festival over the summer and I got kicked after one song for saying a word that consisted of 4 letters.
2) Which local band is your favorite one to play a show with?
The Silver Fleece.
3) What description gets used for your band that you would most like to correct people on? Why?
Alt Country. We hear that a lot. I think that genre is too easy to pull off and honestly I think its boring.
4) What’s your favorite thing about being an Orlando band? What’s your least favorite?
My favorite thing about starting the band from Orlando was knowing everyone and everything about everyone and everything. My least favorite thing about being from Orlando is Knowing everyone and everything about everybody.
5) Any big news to share?
New single “Bookends” was just released digitally everywhere. We have our first full band tour in over a year starting in October. We are making a new record in November in New York City.