Every week at Orlando Music News, the site highlights a local band. A good local band. This week, Hungry Gayze.
Hungry Gayze is playing Hoops on Wednesday, August 17 with Flashlights. The show is a benefit to help raise money for the wonderful folks at NorseKorea Presents to buy a PA so they can put on more house shows.
Band members’ names & instruments:
- Shawn Lloyd – vox, guitar
- Alice Grincewicz – vox, keys
- Rich Evans – drums, vox
- Ben Roche – bass
Any band members currently/formerly in other projects?
Rich – Slippery Slopes (RIP), Buttercups, Studdogs
Shawn – F Pipes, Shiteagle
Alice – BoBo Shoelaces
Currently available releases:
“Roadkill” 7″ coming out on Florida’s Dying Records August 2011
- August 17th at Hoops for NK Benefit Show
- September 7th at Crowbar with Hunx and his Punx and Coathangers
- September 8th at Substance with Cop City/Chill Pillars Tour Kick off Show!
- September 9-20th Midwest Tour with Cop City/Chill Pillars
Describe your sound:
Really fucking cool and awesome.
1) What has been your most memorable show so far?
We played a day show in the parking lot of an art gallery. We decided to take shrooms before we played. They kicked in about halfway through our set and we all stopped playing and burst out laughing. Then we forgot our songs.
2) Which local band is your favorite one to play a show with?
Slippery Slopes (RIP), Sexcapades, Garbo’s Daughter, Vein Cranes, and Teenage Softies. Watch out for Golden Pelican and Pillow Fight!
3) What description gets used for your band that you would most like to correct people on? Why?
That we’re always hungry, because sometimes we’re full.
4) What’s your favorite thing about being an Orlando band? What’s your least favorite?
Favorite: All the weirdos.
Least favorite: All the creeps.
5) Any big news to share?
We are going on a fun mid-west tour with Cop City?Chill Pillars September 7-20!