Every week at Orlando Music News, the site highlights a local band. A good local band. This week, The Silver Fleece, who just won “Best Band/Artist Overall” in the First Annual Orlando Music News OMNi Awards. And I promise you, their winning that award and being named Band of the Week are completely coincidental. (This BOTW feature was planned several weeks back!) Weird, but true.
The Silver Fleece plays Redlight Redlight on Friday, July 22, and at Back Booth *next* Tuesday, July 26.
Just the facts:
Band members’ names & instruments:
- Jesse Adams – lead guitar
- Joey Bradshaw – rhythm guitar
- Trey Colson – drums
- Abraham Couch – upright bass
- Casey Powers – banjo
Any band members currently/formerly in other projects?
Abe plays with Andy Matchett, Jesse and Abe formerly played in Band Marino, and Joey moonlights in Gasoline Heart.
Currently available releases:
Describe your sound:
Country & western music
1) What has been your most memorable show so far?
Our very first show was our best yet.
2) Which local band is your favorite one to play a show with?
We haven’t played many repeat lineups before. Except with Gasoline Heart, but they aren’t really local, and we only play with them because it’s a twofer for Joey.
3) What description gets used for your band that you would most like to correct people on? Why?
I suppose we get all sorts of labels, but none have really bothered any of us.
4) What’s your favorite thing about being an Orlando band? What’s your least favorite?
Favorite: Fedge always runs sound for our shows no matter where we play.
Least favorite: All the new district names (Milk District, Mills/50). They are all a little silly.
5) Any big news to share?
We are attempting to write a few songs. We will see how that goes.