Every week at Orlando Music News, the site highlights a local band. A good local band. This week, the classic punk rock of Grave Return.
Grave Return plays Will’s Pub this Saturday, June 18 with Weapons to Go, Cutman, and Snotty Kids.
Just the facts:
Band members’ names & instruments:
- T.J. Weeks – drums
- Wes Snowden – bass
- John Grimaldi – guitar/vocals
- Matt Whiting – vocals/guitar
- Jamie Gillis – spirit guide
Any band members currently/formerly in other projects?
Current and former bands include The Spears (current), The Shaking Hands, Resident Weirdo, Racin For Pinks, The F – Pipes, and we can go way back and say Shyster, Blackhead, and CP-88, among others.
Currently available releases:
We have four songs available to download free on our Bandcamp page
Describe your sound:
80’s SoCal punk with a suburban Orlando interpretation.
1) What has been your most memorable show so far?
Fortunately all of them, which means none of us have blacked out at a show yet.
2) Which local band is your favorite one to play a show with?
Lovegods in Leisure Suits, Potential Frenzy, and Damage.
3) What description gets used for your band that you would most like to correct people on? Why?
There’s talk that we rip off the Adolescents and that we’re old. Both are true.
4) What’s your favorite thing about being an Orlando band? What’s your least favorite?
Our favorite thing is that we are an Orlando band. People rag on Orlando a lot but there are plenty of good bands here and there’s pretty much always a good show happening. There are probably plenty of shitty bands and shows too, but we stay away from those. Orlando’s small enough to play a show pretty much whenever we want, but big enough to get a decent crowd to come out and have some fun.
5) Any big news to share?
Not really. Anybody want put our recording out? Then we’d have big news to share.