The Woolly Bushmen have a name that makes them sound like a band that would play at the Riverdale Malt Shop or at some third-row oyster bar in Myrtle Beach. Yet, even though these guys are well-versed in Archie-comics-rock ‘n’ roll and the shag and soul that makes gin-blossomed golfers dance along the Carolina coast, they’ve got a much more gnarly approach to their rootsy sound. Amazingly, though, they don’t go for the red-lined, punk approach that many garage aficionados take, and instead apply an unhinged and joyful attack to their surf/pop/proto-rock tunes. They just put up “Mongrel” on their Soundcloud page; you should definitely check it out.
- RT @_anupa: if u live in a city where u can still grab a free alt-weekly at a corner or in a coffee shop then hold that paper close 2 weeks ago
- RT @tomgara: In a genuine and non-trolly way, I'd love to know what % of people publicly lamenting demise of local media subscribe to a loc… 2 weeks ago
- RT @WarholLives: Apollonia was there and Iman and a beautiful young girl named Diane Lane — I don’t know if she was with Lou Adler or not.… 3 weeks ago
- "I will have a word with Metro when I’m done dealing with Sports" is 100% what I needed from @Choire's new NYT desk. nytimes.com/2017/10/26/rea… 3 weeks ago
- watch this crowdfunding video (and donate, too) because @thepauses are great and my kids are hilarious. vimeo.com/239752608 3 weeks ago
- a man just died who performed for segregated audiences. quit acting like systemic racism is ancient history. and pl… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 weeks ago