Here are some of the notable national acts that are coming through Orlando this week.
- Mac Miller (Beacham) Awful, awful, awful. As a friend of mine put it: “And I thought Asher Roth was bad.”
- Symphony X, Nevermore (Firestone) So, seriously: the lyrics to that Symphony X song up there ^^^? Inspired by when SX vocalist Russell Allen worked at Medieval Times. YOU KNEW THIS ALREADY.
- Johnny Reid (Plaza)
- The Love Language, Maximino (Band of the Week!), Young Brother, Loud Valley (Will’s)
- My Chemical Romance (House of Blues) No comment. My kid’s in love with them. I have peers who love them. I still don’t get it.
- Kris Kristofferson (Plaza)
- Mustard Plug, Teflon Don (Social)
- Fake Problems, Pomegranates, Into It. Over It. (Back Booth)
- Amos Lee (House of Blues)
- Bonnie Raitt (Hard Rock Live)
- Deftones, Dillinger Escape Plan, Le Butcherettes (Hard Rock Live) GET THERE EARLY TO SEE LE BUTCHERETTES. Seriously. Their record totally and completely slays.
- Girl Talk (House of Blues) Greg Gillis just wishes he was this funky.
- Jackson Browne (King Center – Melbourne)