Every week at Orlando Music News, the site highlights a local band. A good local band. This week, the upbeat and soulful Americana of the Lonesome City Travelers.
The Lonesome City Travelers celebrate the release of their self-titled, Justin Beckler-produced debut with a show at Back Booth on Tuesday, April 19. Also on the bill: Andrew Shepard & the Roadkill Ghost Choir and DC Wilson (of the Nine Volts)
Just the facts:
Band members’ names & instruments:
- Chris Metts – Acoustic Guitar/Vocals
- Scott Metts – Banjo/Lapsteel/Vocals
- Justin Martin – Bass
- Jeremy Martin – Drums
Currently available releases:
The Lonesome City Travelers
Describe your sound:
Drinking music with country and rock roots.
Any big news to share?
The biggest new we have right now is the official release of our debut cd produced by Justin Beckler
1) What has been your most memorable show so far?
Our last show at Will’s Pub, it was the most energetic crowd we have ever had, and probably our most memorable.
2) Which local band is your favorite one to play a show with?
The Nine Volts, for sure.
3) Which national band would you most like to share a bill with?
One word, Metallica. Boom
4) What description gets used for your band that you would most like to correct people on? Why?
People tend to say bluegrass or some form of bluegrass, which I think any traditional bluegrass player would disagree.
5) What’s your favorite thing about being an Orlando band? What’s your least favorite?
All of our closest friends live here, so we get to party with them all the time.
Our least favorite thing about being an Orlando band is practicing in a tin oven during the middle of summer with no A/C.