The fine folks over at Orlandooom.com (yes, with three “o”s, because it’s heavier that way) have put together a mighty fine lineup for the You Are Doomed Fest 2011. The massive metal sludgebomb will feature local/regional awesomeness from Whores, Hooded Eagle, Junior Bruce, Shroud Eater, Six Dead Horses, Thunderer, and Hollow Leg. The show starts supremely early (6 p.m.) on a Saturday, and, with cheap beer and seven crushingly awesome bands, you can just go ahead and write off your Easter Sunday churchgoing now. Which, of course, is the whole point, right?
- RT @_anupa: if u live in a city where u can still grab a free alt-weekly at a corner or in a coffee shop then hold that paper close 2 months ago
- RT @tomgara: In a genuine and non-trolly way, I'd love to know what % of people publicly lamenting demise of local media subscribe to a loc… 2 months ago
- RT @WarholLives: Apollonia was there and Iman and a beautiful young girl named Diane Lane — I don’t know if she was with Lou Adler or not.… 2 months ago
- "I will have a word with Metro when I’m done dealing with Sports" is 100% what I needed from @Choire's new NYT desk. nytimes.com/2017/10/26/rea… 2 months ago
- watch this crowdfunding video (and donate, too) because @thepauses are great and my kids are hilarious. vimeo.com/239752608 2 months ago
- a man just died who performed for segregated audiences. quit acting like systemic racism is ancient history. and pl… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 months ago