Late pass on this one (hat-tip to Jim Abbott), but Orlando-based roots trio Jubal’s Kin has found themselves nominated in two categories at this year’s Independent Music Awards. The trio is up for Best Americana Album and Best Album Art. Gotta be honest, although the band is real good, they’re up against the Jack White-loved Pokey LaFarge in the first category, so I’ve gotta give ’em better odds in the second. Still, they certainly deserve to win both; go and vote for them here.
- RT @tomgara: In a genuine and non-trolly way, I'd love to know what % of people publicly lamenting demise of local media subscribe to a loc… 3 months ago
- RT @WarholLives: Apollonia was there and Iman and a beautiful young girl named Diane Lane — I don’t know if she was with Lou Adler or not.… 3 months ago
- "I will have a word with Metro when I’m done dealing with Sports" is 100% what I needed from @Choire's new NYT desk. nytimes.com/2017/10/26/rea… 3 months ago
- watch this crowdfunding video (and donate, too) because @thepauses are great and my kids are hilarious. vimeo.com/239752608 3 months ago
- a man just died who performed for segregated audiences. quit acting like systemic racism is ancient history. and pl… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 months ago
- RT @Kristen_Arnett: below sixty degrees in orlando, time for everyone to perform the sign of the cross and pull out that one coat they’ve o… 3 months ago