Club owners and show promoters here in Orlando are a hard-working and often unthanked bunch. Although they do a fine job getting national touring bands into our clubs and venues on a regular basis, they are often fighting against a prejudice that bands’ booking agents have about bringing bands into Florida. Although Orlando is a day-drive from Atlanta and New Orleans, and although one show in Orlando could “service” the entire state of Florida, all too often the people in charge of routing tours for bands feel that it’s not worth it to bring their artists here. To, you know, the fourth most populous state in the Union.
And that means that, sometimes, there are shows that we want to go to, but in order to see ’em, we’re gonna have to pile in the car, split some gas money, and hit the road. So, with that in mind, here’s a semi-regular feature running down the tours that aren’t coming here. SHOTGUN!
- A-Trak, Kid Sister, Gaslamp Killer (April 22, Atlanta)
- Des Ark, Pygmy Lush (March 15, Tampa)
- Dredg (May 23, Atlanta)
- Duran Duran (March 25 in Miami for Ultra Music Festival or April 4 in Atlanta)
- EOTO (April 5, Jacksonville)
- Joan As Police Woman (May 2, Atlanta)
- Kurt Vile, J Mascis (April 7, Atlanta)
- Mountain Goats (April 7, Atlanta)
- The Ocean (May 12, Atlanta)
- Okkervil River (May 31, Atlanta)
- Omar Rodriguez-Lopez Group (March 25, Atlanta)
- Rooney (April 22, Atlanta)