Orlando-based ska-funk act the Supervillains certainly aren’t on a mission to raise any IQ points any time soon; in fact, the group’s repeated pro-weed pronouncements make it quite clear that they’re in the business of bubbling off any many brain cells as possible. While the idea of post-Sublime skunk-rock may be somewhat less-than-appealing to those who enjoy keeping their hipster radar on at all times, the Supervillains manage to front a rollicking, party-hearty atmosphere while dishing out some surprisingly intricate, brass-flecked punk jams. Sure, they manage to, er, bluntly squeeze in a reefer reference into nearly every song they play (when they’re not getting stuck in juvenile raunch), but as sellout crowds across the Southeast will attest, these guys bring a ridiculously fun live show.
- Dreaming of a Pen & Pixel Magic logo and Stuff renamed to UNGGHH twitter.com/wolfcolin/stat… 1 week ago
- RT @tresdessert: NILES THIS IS THE WORST IDEA YOU'VE EVER HAD https://t.co/yF0xaszbMZ 1 week ago
- RT @ZacharyLipez: Musicians, please get worse at your instruments. 2 weeks ago
- RT @katt_j83: I need this sign in my life https://t.co/rfFuVl3iZr 2 weeks ago
- Watched the WLIR doc last night and was surprisingly disappointed. Real missed opportunity for insight into the era… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 weeks ago
- RT @CaitlinDineen: Oooooh, girl. A real example on how to make sure you don’t get work experience in your local market. Ouch. https://t.co/… 3 weeks ago